Whole School Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum creates academically competitive students in Tameside. We offer high academic, vocational and technical ambition for all students, enabling them to succeed in school and beyond.
In doing this, we ensure we:
- Provide a sequenced, knowledge rich curriculum where students know more and remember more
- Enrich our students through a diverse and broad curriculum
- Develop vocabulary, reading and oracy strategies to challenge social disadvantage
- Embed opportunities to develop cultural capital
- Build independent, resilient thinkers
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
At KS3 we follow the national curriculum guidance as produced by the Department of Education. Department leaders and subject teachers plan a broad curriculum which builds on prior knowledge and develops the key knowledge of subject content.
In KS3 (years 7-9) students follow a 50 periods per fortnight timetable made up of the following subjects.
- Modern Foreign language (French/Spanish)
- Religious Education
- PE and Dance
- Design Technology
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Before the start of KS4 (years 10-11), students are guided towards a personalised curriculum through the options process, which meets their individual needs and aspirations. The following subjects are currently available to students at KS4.
Our KS4 follows the national curriculum in addition to the option choices below.
- GCSE Computer Science
- GCSE Triple Science
- GCSE History
- GCSE Geography
- GCSE Religious Education
- GCSE Business Studies
- GCSE Sociology
- GCSE Psychology
- GCSE French
- GCSE Spanish
- GCSE Music
- BTEC Music
- GCSE Drama
- Level 1/2 OCR Cambridge National Engineering
- Level 1/2 Award in Hospitality and Catering
- GCSE Art and Design (Art, Craft and Design)
- GCSE Art and Design (Textile Design)
- GCSE Art and Design (Photography)
The exact offer will differ year on year depending on student number and preferences.
KS3 and KS4 Curriculum
If you require any further information about our curriculum please contact Mrs Edwards, Deputy Headteacher.