Alder Community High School is committed to ensuring that all children, irrespective of background, achieve their full potential both socially and academically. Our Pupil Premium CARE strategy is based on four key areas;
Careers: To engage in a highly effective careers programme that prepares students for successful futures.
Attendance: To improve attendance and punctuality to reduce lost learning time.
Resilience: To develop resilient students who strive to overcome barriers they face.
Educational outcomes: To raise levels of literacy enabling students to engage and achieve well in our knowledge rich curriculum.
The purpose of our pupil premium strategy is to support disadvantaged students to consistently achieve positive academic outcomes above the national average. It ensures that our pupil premium students take part in a robust careers programme and a variety of enrichment activities to develop their cultural capital.
Our strategy recognises that the best way to improve these outcomes is through a sequenced, knowledge rich curriculum which is taught by highly skilled practitioners. In addition to this, our aim is to challenge social disadvantage by improving the reading and vocabulary skills of our students.
Priorities for 2023-2024
- Improve academic outcomes for all pupil premium students
- Improve attendance and punctuality of pupil premium students.
- Improve the standards of literacy, numeracy and vocabulary skills
- Improve students independent study skills
- Raise aspirations of all pupil premium students.
- Address the social, emotional and mental health issues in some students which are impacting on progress and attendance.
- Improve parental engagement.