Our philosophy here at Alder is to reward progress, achievement and effort but not behaviour. So we award Alder points to students in class who are making significant progress, who are working to a high standard given their starting point and those who put in a lot of effort regardless of their ability. Badges are given out at the end of each half term during the celebration assemblies.
What are Alder points awarded for?
Students are awarded achievement points for good work, contribution to lessons and putting effort into the work they do. These points build up throughout the school year and are awarded in conjunction with meeting the criteria set out in the student’s House Passport.
Alder points are exchanged for Alder badges which can be worn on the blazer.
Bronze badge: 50 Alder points
Silver badge: 100 Alder points
Gold badge: 200 Alder points
Platinum badge: 300 Alder points
Limited edition Black badge: 800 Alder points
Throughout the course of the year, students who make the most progress in each subject across the curriculum will receive subject badges. Students are nominated by teaching staff and rewarded at the end-of-half-term reward assemblies.
Limited Edition Badges
Limited Edition badges are given out when special qualities are demonstrated by our students. These are for a range of characteristics such as resilience, social conscience, eco warrior, and working above and beyond. These badges are released for a limited time throughout the year and staff are asked to nominate students they feel qualify for the badge.
Limited edition badges include:
- Determination: Being prepared to see a task through to the best of your ability.
- Creativity: Continually looking for innovation and original ideas.
- Passion: Putting your heart and soul into something you believe in.
- Teamwork: The ability to work with and lead others.
- Social Conscience: Thinking of others and always doing your best for our community.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems in advance and finding the solutions to them
British Values Badges
Also we reward badges covering British Values: Democracy, Rule of Law, Mutual Respect, Tolerance and Individual Liberty.