Alder Pride means ensuring our young people are knowledgeable, aware, comfortable and tolerant.
During Alder Pride week we strive to offer our students the opportunities to not only develop their understanding of the challenges and issues the LGBTQ+ community have faced but to also celebrate their successes, learn how to be a positive ally and reflect on their own identities and diversity.
It is not prescriptive so it is also very much about our young people joining in debate, sharing their different opinions and having fun whilst doing so.
We value the importance of “lived experience” and have been lucky to have been supported by Sparkle National Transgender Charity, Tameside LGBT Youth Services, Jonathan Reynolds MP, Carl Austin-Behan (LGBT Advisor to the Mayor of Greater Manchester), Greater Manchester Police, Mermaids Trans and Gender Diverse Youth Charity and many more…
Be My Ally
Who is part of Be My Ally at Alder?
- Students that identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Students that want to support their friends in the LGBTQ+ community
- Any students that want to celebrate diversity at Alder
What they do?
- Discuss issues faced by LGBTQ+ students
- Discuss ways to improve our school for LGBTQ+ students
- Plan for Alder Pride Week and other Pride activities
Alder Pride Photo Gallery
Useful Links to Access Support and Information