To support their return to school, all students in years 8 to 11 will be allocated a 10 minute one to one pastoral and academic review meeting with their form tutor on Thursday 3rd September. In some instances, these meetings may be with the student's progress leader or the school learning mentor. This will be an opportunity for students and their form tutor to discuss their engagement with home learning and evaluate what pastoral support they may need moving forward. The students will also be able to discuss any worries they may have about their return to school.
Students will be allocated their time slot through an email from their form tutor which will be sent to them on the afternoon of Tuesday 1st September. Parents and carers will need to ask their child to look out for this email. Students need to be in full school uniform and should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their allotted time. They should arrive through the front of school and enter via the Headway door. They will be asked to sanitise their hands and will be directed to the Sports Hall. Students will then meet with their form tutor and exit through the main entrance of school at the end of their meeting.
Social distancing will be in place at all times and therefore students do not need to wear their face covering when they attend their appointment.
To prepare for this review meeting, we are asking students to answer the following questions about their experiences over the last six months:
- How have you or your family been affected by the lockdown and Covid-19?
- What has been positive for you in the past 6 months?
- What have you found difficult in the past 6 months?
- How well did you access the home learning provision? Did you take part in any live lessons? Did you complete the work set by teachers?
- What challenges did you face with your home learning?
- On a scale of 1-10 how prepared do you feel for the return to school?
- Do you have any worries or concerns about returning to school?
- Parent/carer comments
On Friday 4th September, all students will return to school on a full time basis. More information about the arrangements for the return to school are available here.