- School Life
- Parent Zone
- Student Zone
- Teaching and Learning
- Examination Results
- KS4 Curriculum
- Subject areas
- GCSE Options
- The Pupil Premium
- Year 7 catch up – Maths and English
Pupils have the option of bringing a packed lunch or purchasing a meal at school. School meals are provided by Mellors Catering Services.
Mellors Catering Services is the first choice contract caterer in the north for catering in the business, industry and education sectors.
Operating some 100 sites, mainly focused within 90 minutes travelling time around Manchester, we provide expertise through a stable and professional management team.
Mellors Catering Managers have the freedom to purchase their food from an array of nominated local suppliers. Unlike the national caterers, we don’t dictate and restrict what they can purchase.
We maximise the use of fresh produce. Main meals are made from scratch. You won’t find cook-in sauces, powder soups or custard mixes in a Mellors’ kitchen. We run 4 week menu plans, and have costed recipes. However we don’t dictate cooking specifications. Each Catering Manager has the freedom to adapt recipes to meet the specific needs and tastes of [our] customers.
Why choose school meals?
- School meals offer a selection of freshly cooked main meals and desserts every day, often including pasta, salad, fresh fruit and yoghurt. And only £2.10 a day.
- All meals are nutritionally balanced over the course of one week and are served by friendly and cheerful catering staff. Children can sit down together and enjoy their meal whilst at the same time developing social skills of eating together that are so important in later life.
- A well fed and happy child is more likely to be receptive to participating in the afternoon's activities.
- Convenience. Someone else preparing and cooking lunch for your child saves you worrying about a packed meal every day.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are offered to children of families who are in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related), Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit. They are also offered to children of families who are in receipt of Child Tax Credit only, but who are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190.00 If you are in receipt of Child Tax Credit, you will need to attend one of the council's Customer Service Centres and present your Child Tax Credit award notice.
There are now 3 easy ways to apply for free school meals:
- complete the on-line application form
- telephone the council's call centre on 0161 342 8355
- in person at one of the council's Customer Services Offices
For more information about school meals in Tameside please visit http://www.tameside.gov.uk/schools/meals
For more information about Mellors please visit http://www.mellorscatering.co.uk